SMG Visitor Information Specialist in El Paso, Texas
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Visitors Information Specialist for the El Paso Convention and Performing Arts Centers and Visitor's Bureau. The responsibility of this position is to provide comprehensive information about El Paso's hotels, restaurants, and attractions to tourists.
The following are typical tasks for this position.
- Provide customer service and visitor information to tourists.
- Participate in general tourist information center functions.
- Keep brochure racks stocked and brochures ordered as needed.
- Must maintain a clean and organized visitor information center.
- Duties might include selling items such as postcards and other promotional items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Answer and appropriately route incoming telephone calls.
- Record detailed messages from callers and/or visitors.
- Receive all visitors at the reception area and extend general hospitality. Contact the staff member being called upon and announce the visitor.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends.
- Maintain a good knowledge of El Paso and keep current with news, restaurants, attractions, hotels and any other pertinent information that would be beneficial to tourists.
- Demonstrate skills in customer relations and problem solving.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Resolve problems, address complaints as they arise, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results.
- Use multi-line telephone system and other office equipment including copier, typewriter and fax machine.
- Computer knowledge in Windows, Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel, Infotrac and Internet preferred.
- Must be able to lift over 30 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver's license; must drive to the various Visitor Information Centers.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED. Must have good knowledge of the city of El Paso and customer service. Must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to tactfully handle irate tourists; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public. Spanish preferred but not required.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-915-534-0628
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Date Opened: April 3, 2018 Closing Date: Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled