HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager of Facilities Management in El Paso, Texas
*POSITION SUMMARY: * Responsible for managing, planning, organizing, scheduling, inspections, and coordination of engineering program for all facilities. As chairperson is responsible for the functions of the Environment of Care Committee. Responsible for areas of building infrastructure system, quality assurance, preventive maintenance, grounds, plant operations (HVAC, electrical, power plant equipment, repair, construct, and renovate building systems, hardware & plumbing) and the work of assigned personnel. Personnel includes Maintenance Mechanics, Telecommunications Tech, HVAC/Refrigeration Technicians, Electrician, etc. Responsible for overall conduct of personnel. Available to respond 24/7 for emergencies or take personnel calls when needed.
*POPULATION SERVED: *
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: *
- Plans, organizes, manages and controls Engineering Department.
- Chairs Facility Environment of Care Committee to ensure that all applicable standards met.
- Responsible for facility Safety Program
- Responsible for facility preventive maintenance program
- Establish and update engineering policies and procedures
- Inspects completed installations and repairs for conformance with specifications and safety standards.
- Will conduct safety and fire alarm drills and training classes as required.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and specifications for installation and maintenance of equipment and apparatus.
- Schedules work of assigned personnel to assure full coverage (24 hours/day/seven days/week).
- Plans daily activities of all assigned personnel. Periodically inspects jobs completed for quality of work.
- Ensures all emergency systems (fire alarms, emergency power, etc.) are functional and operate properly.
- Performs individually or as member of groups assigned during emergencies such as fires, snow removal or disasters.
- Purchases and Inventories shop supplies, machinery, tools, material and equipment.
- Assists Administrative Director in serving as host to personnel performing mandatory inspections to include Fire and Marshall Departments, Insurance Groups, etc.
- Communicates, cooperates and performs related duties with hospital staff in a courteous and efficient manner to achieve overall hospital goals and objectives.
- Consistently on time and ready to work at start of shift. Does not take advantage of sick time or personal days.
- Takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences.
- Always appears well groomed and observes hospital’s dress code.
- Responds to requests from patients, physicians and visitors in a courteous and efficient manner. Always demonstrates positive interpersonal skills.
- Promotes positive customer service with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
_REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS__: _ Required Licensure through the American Hospital Association as Certified Facility Manager and or construction manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Five years experience in a healthcare facility department management. Preferred Bachelors of Engineering degree or related field with equivalent experience.
PRFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: * Knowledge of methods, materials, and techniques related to the repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities. * Knowledge of City, State and Federal codes, occupational hazards, and safety precautions of the trade. * Knowledge of JCAHO and OSHA standards. Ability to manage operations efficiently within budgetary limitations. * Ability to identify resources needs and to utilize manpower efficiently and effectively, with a high degree of employee satisfaction. * Ability to work rapidly and efficiently under emergency situations * Ability to follow oral/written instructions; lift, push or pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds; perform work in inaccessible areas. * Skill in the use of variety of hand/power tools used in installation, repair, and maintenance of equipment buildings and grounds.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager of Facilities Management
Location: Texas-El Paso-Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01515-18122